Effective Ways of Writing an Essay – How to Write an Essay?
Writing an essay often seems to be a dreadful task for the students. Whether, the essay is for a scholarship, a class, or maybe even a contest, many of the students find the task overwhelming. While an essay is a large project, there are many steps a student can take that will help break down the task into manageable parts. Following is the easiest process to draft an essay, whatever its purpose might be; this includes 7 steps for writing a successful essay:
Pick a Topic:
Sometimes the topic of the essay is assigned by the teachers or sometimes a free region is given to choose the topic. If the topic is already given to you, you must think about the type of paper or essay you want to produce using the given conditions. It gives an advantage sometimes for writing the purpose of the subject. If you are free to choose the subject take a general overview and select the subject which you like and on which you can easily write. Evaluate your options, if your goal is to educate, choose a subject that you have already studied. If your goal is to persuade, then chose the subject that you are passionate about.
Prepare an outline or diagram of your Ideas:
Creating a diagram or outline allows you to put your pen to paper and start organizing your ideas, create a moderately organized format for your information. Whether you use a diagram or outline it does not matter, some people prefer diagrams and some prefer to outline. Here are the steps for developing a diagram and outline for your paper.
- Draw a circle in the center of the paper that is big enough for writing.
- Write the topic in the circle.
- Draw a smaller circle at the end of each line.
- Write the main idea of your topic or points that you want to make.
- Draw 3 lines from each circle and explain the process of the topic.
- At the end of each line draw another circle.
- Write the facts and information that supports the main idea.
- Write the topic name on a paper.
- Under the topic, on the left side, write roman numbers sequentially.
- Next to the roman number write main ideas and points.
- Under roman numerals write A, B, C.
- Next to each letter, write the facts that support the main point or idea of the topic.
Write the Introduction:
Begin with an attention grabber, for this, you can use effective information, dialogues, or a simple summary of your topic. Make sure that your chosen angle supports your thesis statement, which will be included as the last sentence of your introduction. The thesis statement will include two parts, the first will state the topic and the second part will state the point of the essay.
Write the body:
The body of the essay will include the arguments, explanations, and descriptions of the topic. Each of the body paragraphs will have the same basic structure. Begin by writing one of your main ideas as the introductory sentence; support your ideas with relevant examples, this will back up your position. Combine the relevant and similar ideas to fill the space of the body paragraphs.
Write the Conclusion:
It brings closure to the topic and sums up your overall ideas by providing a final perspective on your topic. The conclusion of the essay must contain 3 to 5 strong sentences that review the main points and provide reinforcement of your thesis.
Add the finishing touches:
Before considering that your work is finished, pay attention to the small details some of them are as follows:
- Check the order of your paragraphs.
- Review the instructions for your essay.
- Review what you have written.
- Check your essay for grammar and spelling mistakes or take help from any editing service.
These are the effective tips that might help you for writing your essay in a better way. Although you can also get your essay done by academic professionals, who have years of experience in crafting academic papers for different colleges, and universities in the UK, USA, and Canada.